One of the takeaways from Gartner’s IT Symposium in Orlando were the top strategic technology trends for 2014.
1. Mobile device diversity and management
2. Mobile apps and applications
3. The internet of everything
4. Hybrid cloud and IT as service broker
5. Cloud / client architecture
6. The era of personal cloud
7. Software defined anything
8. Web-scale IT
9. Smart machines
10. 3D printing
Some repeats from last year’s list, or evolution from those previous themes. Of note is the absence of Big Data in this list – I think the term is so ingrained in our (business) lives now, that it has become ever present as a backbone trend.
I’m excited to see what 2014 holds!
Full article here.
[First published 21 Nov 2013 on BraveNewTalent; edited]